Thursday, March 31, 2016

Is the phone irreversibly broken?

Hi.
I've own P970 Swift/Optimus Black since 4 and a half year, now with Android 4.0.4.
Lately strange things happen with it.

1. Softkeys refuse to work. They don't react to touch at all. They are lit up correctly by pressing other physical buttons but no function at all.

2. Power button sometimes refuses to work. I don't think it is physically broken because it works better when smartphone is connected to the charger.

3. Screen brightness setting isn't saved after phone restart. It goes up to maximum on phone startup even when setting up automatical brightness couple of times.

4. Phone refuses to be recognized as mass storage. Last few times I've tried to save some apks on SD card I couldn't do it directly via USB cord.

Phone was hard reset. I've flashed 2.3.4 V20S ROM via Smartflash - no change to the issues. Then I've made full wipe from CWM - no change at all.
Then I've flashed 4.0.4 via Smartflash - no change as well.

I've Kingorooted Swift Black and installed Floating Soft Keys as a workaround for not working softkeys, but it is just workaround, no full function.

Any tips, clues?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1UERbKy
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment