Wednesday, March 30, 2016

HTC One M8 won't boot after downgrading CM 13 to 12.1

Hello,

after experiencing some problems with crashing Galery-app on Stock ROM Android 6.0.1 I decided to do a factory reset.
After factory reset, I got constant android.process.acore and HTC Sense crashed and could not use ANY app nor even see my starting-screen.
I managed to get into the settings and enable USB Debugging. But most of the time, my device did not boot up properly and just showing the HTC-bootscreen. When I pressed volume-up + Power I could reset the phone but was not able to manually power on again. Aso Volume-Down+ Power (To access recovery mode) did not worked anymore.
After getting on low batterie my device turned off and then I was able to access recovery mode again.

I started installing CWM Recovery (Philz touch) which ran fine.
After some unsuccessfull factory resets (same problem as above) I decided to install a custom rom. I choose cm-13.0-20160329-NIGHTLY-m8.zip (Android 6)

The installation process ran fine and I was able to boot normally. Only thing that was wierd: The phone did not recognize my sim-card and I was not able to play any sound. So i dediced to install the latest stable release which was cm-12.1-20151117-SNAPSHOT-YOG7DAO1K1-m8 (Android 5.1)

After installing via adb and rebooting, I had the same problem as mentioned above (bootloop). Naturally, there was the animated CM-Bootlogo showing and not the stock HTC Boot screen.
When I power off via VolumeUp+Power I am NOT able to get into recovery menu via VolumeDown+Power, instead I have to wait till my phone powers up on its own (Which will lead to a bootloop again)


Is there any way to get the device working again?


Thank you!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SwlP4Z
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment