Thursday, March 31, 2016

Confused over installing recoveries

I can't seem to find a straight answer to my question since most of the info for the S4 is 2 or 3 years old now.

So I have a completely stock ATT i337 running Android 5.0.1. I would like to install a custom ROM, so I understand I need to install CWM or TWRP first. So my question is this... Do I need to root my phone first before I can install either recovery? If so, what method do I need to follow for my version of Android?

I understand that with time there are improvements. Some stuff I've read makes it sound like there is a lot of automation in installing custom recoveries, and maybe I don't need to root first because they root for me.

Thanks.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1ME1Wtt
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment