Thursday, March 31, 2016

App2SD on Marshmallow?

I updated my classic Shield Tablet (LTE RoW) to Marshmallow and decided to stay with my SD card formatted as portable instead of integrated, because of the ... portability... reasons... :eek:

However, now the native App2SD functionality is not available any more. Is this by design?

Even if I try to force an external SD card installation or move it via third party apps (rooted), it does not work afterwards:
The storage section of the app at least then shows me the possibility to move it back to internal (moving it back works fine). So the system thinks it is on the external card. However, it is not really on the SD card. The packages are nowhere to be found in the card like with previous Android versions. And after a reboot of the system the app vanishes, just leaving some remnants findable via SD Maid.

Also I remember from earlier Android versions that you were able to move OBB files from internal to the corresponding external OBB folder manually and it worked for most games, but even this does not work (anymore?). (Do I need to reboot afterwards?)

Any ideas or insights?

Thankys! :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1UERbtV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment