Saturday, July 30, 2016

Root Prospects for LG Leon w 5.1.1?

I've managed to root my Samsung TabPro w TowelRoot w/o tripping KNOX, and subsequently changed the ROM to a different/later stock version and successfully re-rooted after that. I've rooted a simpler pre-KNOX Samsung w ODIN and TWRP. Pretty easy to follow the directions for both. BUT, for rooting my low-end LG Leon running 5.1.1, I haven't found any attractive options. Looking at KingRoot convinced me that I do NOT want to go that route. All that to say that I'm no expert on rooting, but can research things and follow directions.

I've really appreciated the value of a rooted device with respect to getting rid of unwanted built-in apps, or at least keeping them from nagging me to update them. I'd like to have the same options with my LG Leon, but am NOT finding any credible approaches for obtaining root.

Any suggestions? I understand that a prior exploit that worked w 5.0.2 was patched, and so can't be used w 5.1.1. But, that was true for Samsung, and swapping out the kernel for an older, vulnerable one allowed me to root my TabPro w TowelRoot, and then restore the latest kernel w/o losing root. Might something like that be possible with my LG? I don't know enough to know how to put together something that could do that, only enough to be curious enough to ask if it could be done.

Just wondering. I'd really like to find a way to root this phone. Any suggestions? Thanks.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aAVEx7
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment