Sunday, April 24, 2016

Unlocking Note 3 in Canada, Switching from Verizon Network to Fido.

Hello XDA, I have been trying to find the best phone for the money and I finally found it!
I have the following:

Galaxy Note 3 Model number: SM-N900V
Baseband version: N900VVRUEOB6

I know how to get my IMEI and other information if needed.
I have a fido account that I want to use with this phone, I checked network compatibility between the phone's specs:
(searched phone on gsmarena)
and I compared it to Fido's network specs:
(searched Unlocking on Fido's website)
It seems the networks are compatible, which is great. The error I get when I attempt to use the phone is this:
"SIM card is not from Verizon" notification pops up,


I'm really trying not to waste people's time helping me with this, but this is my first time with this device and I could really use help making sure this is unlocked. I bought the phone here:
(amazon . ca website searched note 3, went to cellcow seller got phone for 230$ advertised as "unlocked")

They claimed the phone was unlocked....
The calling function and texting works fine with my Fido SIM
I cannot use any data from the Fido SIM.

I've emailed the seller, and I'm trying to speak with them to get it working, I checked another forum which said to enter a string of digits into the dialer to unlock the phone, which didn't work. What do you suggest I do to try and get the data functioning properly on the phone?

unfortunately I'm a new user and cannot upload photos or put urls or anything but I can answer as many questions as needed


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1XQGYbz
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment