Friday, April 29, 2016

I'm on 13B, Rooted and use the Hotspot hack...

I didn't have internet access at my house and had to use my G4 as my only source of internet via the Hotspot hack. I now have a different reliable internet source at my house.

My question is that if I went back to stock and let the G4 update to the latest stock version can I physically tether using a USB cable and get internet on my laptop thru my G4 when travelling? I know I can't use the Hotspot feature, but I'm wondering if a cable will work. If so I'm in good shape. If Verizon has locked out any way to connect a laptop and get internet thru the G4, even with a cable I need to stay on my old rooted version.

Anyone know the answer. Can you put your G4 in modem mode and connect your laptop via cable and get internet access if not rooted?

Thanks,
-Joe


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1QGntgg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment