Thursday, June 30, 2016

S7 Edge not seeing USB 3.0 flash drives???

I have a new S7 Edge. Works great. Using the OTG connector provided with the phone by Samsung, it recognizes all sorts of great devices, including usb flash drives. However, I've tried it with 3 different brand/size USB 3.0 flash drives and it doesn't recognize any of them, despite the fact that if I pull it out and plug in a USB 2.0 flash drive, it comes right up.

Is there a special app/setting for USB 3.0 flash drives or is this a limitation? I know the port on the phone itself is only USB 2.0, but 3.0 is backwards compatible, otherwise you couldn't plug a 3.0 flash drive into any 2.0 port. My guess is that the OTG adapter doesn't somehow work with them, but I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this and if there's a work-around or not.

~Zeoran


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2965W44
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment