Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I need a kernel guide and I have some questions about ROM/Kernel porting.

Hey! I'd love to know more about kernels, but I can't find that info.


What are the differences between Android versions in Kernels? How hard would it be to port Android on some device that already has a linux kernel? (Maybe something simmilar to what this guy did, just with more info on the process) What about a device that already has an Android kernel, just for other android version?


Would it be possible to port an older android version to Nexus 5x? (I.E. Lollipop, maybe even KitKat)

EDIT:

Okay, so I know that I would have to port kernel modules from devices with same chipsets, but I don't really get it.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29bGEEZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment