Tuesday, August 30, 2016

m8s (suspected clone) IP/MAC address change for eth0 on reboot bug.(other issues too)

Good morning everyone. As per the thread title, My girlfreind has a TV box that I suspect is a clone (the update ROMs from chinagadget review wont flash from TWRP).

This device is connected to her ADSL router/modem via a LAN cable and everytime the device boots, the MAC address for the LAN interface is randomised, causing the router to issue a new IP address via DHCP. (I cannot get the device to communicate with static IP)

it's running a lollipop based ROM at the moment (LMY47V.20160505 TEST-KEYS) is reported in settings.

I haven't removed the case yet, to investigate the circuitboard/RAM manufacturer (and don;t know how to check via software, if the wifi/bt module is made by broadcom/atheros) but my gut feeling is screaming "it's a clone". (If it helps, the TWRP backup I performed has saved to a sub-folder called "k200")

She purchased the device from Amazon UK and the majority of apps on Play Store give "version isn;t compatible with this device" error. I've tried to spoof other device in build.prop and with an app called "market helper" but no joy yet.

Any help appreciated


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2byq8R3
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment