Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Development status for s7/s7 edge

Hello everyone. I currently own an Iphone 6s Plus 128Gb, which I bought two weeks ago in Canada to be able to sell it for more money in my country.
I am looking for an Android device to switch to, and I consider s7/s7 edge would be good choices.

I come from owning an international S3 (i9300 with Exynos) since 2012 (still working) and I want to switch to an equivalent device of this generation. I don't really like to constantly buy new technology, but prefer to make my research and buy devices that are worth the money in the long run.

What I really like about the S3 is that even after all these years it still has updated ROMs released for it and its hardware holds up pretty well despite the time passed since release. The only reason I stopped using it as my main device is that I had the chance to get an Iphone which in my country sells for more than I bought it for, and the fact that my S3 is getting pretty worn out after these years, with malfunctioning USB connector, power button not working, etc.

I am therefore looking for a device (among all versions of s7/edge) which is expected to have the best development activity when it comes to ROMs in the next few years, at least comparable to the S3's even after 2 years since Samsung stopped its official support.

I know there are variants (s7 vs Edge, Qualcomm vs Exynos). Other reason I chose the s7 is the water resistant properties and good feedbacl from people I own that own one.
Which one would you recommend that you think will have the best community support in the next few years?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bBBrDM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment