Sunday, April 24, 2016

Questions regarding latest 6.0.1 ROMs

I didn't want to hijack/spam any of the established threads, but I'm hoping some of the people working with roms will be kind enough to respond to me here.

On clean MM installed rom, you'll find the following folders :
- /system/odex.app
- /system/odex.priv-app
- /system/odex.framework

They all contain .odex files for respective folders, and when compared to the ones included in each app's folder, they are the exact same, what are these folders for ?

There are also files named odex.app.sqsh (priv-app and framework too), so are all these files ok to delete ?

One more thing, if you go into /data/app you'll find all your apps odexed there, why ? is this some kind of forced action by MM ? can these files be safely deleted ?

I'm asking these question because I'm getting random reboots on my ROM, and the Z2_fixbootloop zip posted in other threads doesn't work for me (I'm on a 6502 model, so my sim is not detected if I flash this file), I'm going to restore all the files I've removed to debloat the rom and see if the random reboots disappear, and then continue from there, but meanwhile any help from those who know is much appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1XQMk6R
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment