Sunday, April 24, 2016

Flashing an OTA with FlashFire while also having MultiROM installed can break things

At least, I think this is what happened and I'm not willing to try again to test it. It could have been the custom kernel I installed with MultiROM (it does say that having a custom kernel when flashing can cause it to fail). Like an idiot, I didn't make a backup before letting FlashFire do it's thing. I fixed it by dirty flashing OTA 4.0 from MidgetMob's Stock Recovery Image and OTA Library and letting TWRP inject MultiROM. I do not recommend dirty flashing to fix things, I'm just saying what I did.

What I should have done:
  1. Made backups with TWRP and Titanium
  2. Downloaded the ROM as a ZIP from MidgetMob's library
  3. Flashed it with TWRP. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe dirty flashing would have been ok since it's flashing an Android update and not a seprate ROM
  4. Flashed the latest SuperSU ZIP (again from MidgetMob's library)
  5. Let TWRP inject MultiROM
  6. Boot, do not let TWRP reroot your device, you already flashed SuperSU and SuperSU says specifically to not have TWRP root your device
  7. It might boot loop once or twice, just let it do it's thing and it will boot


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/22ZTCq6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment