Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Making Truecrypt Work Properly on Android Devices

Hello. So, I am using Cryptonite and I want to make TC work on the device (Android 5). I can mount the container just fine but only the root can have full access to it (read and write access) since it is the user that mounts the container (obviously). I am trying to make the container writable by any user. That is the issue I cannot seem to resolve. I have tried setting the TC binary SID and mounting as non-root user. That allowed me to bypass the original TC restriction. Then, I hit the fuse permission denied which I cannot seem to bypass.

Cryptonite also offers EncFS encryption. Though, the encfs binary gives me the user_allow_other option which allows me to mount and have full permissions to any user. I have been trying to find that option in relation with the truecrypt binary without luck. Is there any way to achieve what I want without having to change the truecrypt source code?

Thank you for reading.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2doY44D
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment