Monday, May 30, 2016

Phone constantly thinks it's connected to usb

I have been on on the developers preview for a month now and noticed that since last week I have a persistent notification telling me that the usb is plugged in (see the MM screenshot attached) and my phone isn't going to sleep anymore since then. Since I'm running a developers preview, I didn't worry about it too much.

So this weekend I tried a full reset of the preview, using the factory images, however this didn't fix it.
I therefore flashed back to MM, again using the factory images, but still have the exact problem.
I then flashed Chroma, because it's the most minimal system I know and it also gave me root to check for wakelocks.

I then found out that a kernel wakelock is keeping my phone awake, namely: f9200000.ssusb
I then tried if franco kernel would possibly be of any help, but this still gives me the same wakelock.

I have found some info on f9200000.usb online, most if related to the Nexus 5X, but none of them gave a solution.
One of the suggestion somewhere was to relock the bootloader, but as suspected this didn't make any difference.

I already looked at the usb-c port of my phone, but can't see anything strange in there that would trigger the phone in thinking it is connected.
At the moment I don't know what extra I can try, maybe some of you have an idea to fix it?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot_20160530-151403.jpg Views: N/A Size: 179.6 KB ID: 3766971   Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot_20160530-151342.png Views: N/A Size: 92.0 KB ID: 3766972   Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot_20160530-100732.png Views: N/A Size: 185.5 KB ID: 3766973  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/25tDHUe
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment